Ashot: View Android Phone’s Screen On Windows Computer, Take Screenshots & Record Screencasts
If you are a tech blogger who writes about smartphones, then you already know how important smartphone screencasts can be. The ability to show your cell’s screen on a computer can not only help you explain an app’s function but it can also help people deliver presentations in meetings. Thankfully there is a program that lets us easily do this for Android smartphones: Ashot.
Ashot (a.k.a. Android Screen Capture) is a free and open-source program compatible with Windows operating systems. Sized at only 2.9 MB, the app is downloaded and installed very fast. With the application installed, all you need to do is have your Android connected to your desktop or laptop computer via a USB connection. With this done you will be able to view your Android phone’s screen on the desktop.
After adjusting the display to fit your computer you can take screenshots and record screencasts of your smartphone’s screen. Undoubtedly, all Android phone owners who own a Windows machine will find this program a great addition to their software collection. Try it out and see how you can put the program to use.
To see how it works watch video below:
- A user friendly application.
- Compatible with Windows and intended to be used with Android phones.
- Lets you view your Android phone’s screen on your desktop/laptop computer.
- Uses the USB connection between your computer and Android phone.
- Lets you take screenshots of your phone’s screen.
- Lets you record screencasts of the Android handset.
- Similar tool: ShareKeyboard .
- Also read related articles: How To Capture Screenshots With Your Android Mobile Phone and How To Check Out The Android Mobile OS On Your Computer .
Check out Ashot @ sourceforge.net/projects/ashot