Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
If you attend a lot of meetings or lectures (if you are a student) with mostly PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, check out ArcNote. It lets you easily take notes using your Android device camera. You simply take snapshots, whether from a whiteboard, slide projection, poster or a brochure and it automatically transforms these snapshots into high-quality cropped and properly re-sized slides.
It detects and crops out the note region from the image and adjusts it to a straight viewing angle by correcting skewed presentations. So even if you sit at an angle from from the presentation while taking snapshots, the app will adjust the slide accordingly. It does all the enhancements automatically, but you can adjust the image further manually if needed.
You can take a single picture or take multiple pictures (from a presentation) continuously one after another. The voice is automatically recorded for every session where you capture a series of images.
Once your captured image is transformed into a slide, you can instantly share it by email or to your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr), or export it as a PDF file for later reference. If needed, you can add notes and voice to each recorded group of notes.
- Record voice while capturing pictures.
- Supports continuous capture of pictures.
- Excellent quality in low light conditions.
- Add,view comments on each note page.
- Auto straighten and enhance.
- Correct skewed captures.
- Refine image manually if further adjustment is needed.
- Easily view and manage slides. Arrange into categories.
- Share notes by email or to the cloud (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr).
- Export slides as PDF.
- Similar tools: Genius Scan.