Apple Launches iOS 5.1 – Brings Some Great New Improvements To Your iOS Device [News]
The internet is buzzing with all things Apple. They just announced their new iPad and updated almost all of their first party applications. Now, they have quietly moved out a new version of their mobile software. iOS 5.1 is the latest in a long line of improvements to Apple’s mobile platform. While this update is not nearly as earth shattering as the launch of iOS 5, it still brings some great improvements to Apple’s hardware that users have longed for.
Some highlights from this update are Japanese language support for Siri and the camera button always appearing on the lock screen. It also claims to fix some bugs that caused problems with battery life. For users who are having issues, this update could be just the fix they were waiting for.
Here is the complete list of changes that come with iOS 5.1:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Overall, this is a great update for users of iOS. If you are a jailbreaker, you will want to hold off on this update for the time being. We will keep you posted with the latest happenings in the jailbreak scene and let you know when it is safe to install iOS 5.1 on your device.
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.