Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Apple has named its picks for the best apps and games of 2019. The list includes the best iPhone app, iPad app, Mac app, iPhone game, iPad game, and Mac game, all according to Apple itself. So if you’re looking for recommendations, you’ve come to the right place.
Apple Picks its Winners
The best apps and games of 2019 are revealed in a post on the Apple Newsroom. Apple claimed that apps and games “help simplify our lives and express our creativity, connect us to friends, family and the world beyond, and of course, have fun.”
Apple’s Phil Schiller said, “The 2019 App Store Best Apps and Games winners reflect our global desire for connection, creativity and fun. We congratulate all the winners and thank them for making 2019 the best year yet for the App Store.”
Apple’s Best Apps of 2019
- The iPhone App of the Year: Spectre Camera (Lux Optics)
- The iPad App of the Year: Flow by Moleskine (Moleskine)
- The Mac App of the Year: Affinity Publisher (Serif Labs)
- The Apple TV App of the Year: The Explorers (The Explorers Network)
- The App Trend of 2019: Storytelling Simplified
Storytelling Simplified describes apps which “helped us fill the proverbial blank page with our memories, dreams, images, and voices—and did so with more power and personality than ever.” Apps such as Anchor, Canva, Spark Camera, and Wattpad.
— Philip Schiller (@pschiller) December 3, 2019
Apple’s Best Games of 2019
- The iPhone Game of the Year: Sky: Children of the Light (thatgamecompany)
- The iPad Game of the Year: Hyper Light Drifter (Abylight S.L.)
- The Mac Game of the Year: GRIS (Devolver / Nomada Studio)
- The Apple TV Game of the Year: Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap (DotEmu)
- The Game Trend of 2019: Blockbusters Reimagined
Blockbusters Reimagined refers to “world-renowned brands, all featuring leading-edge technology, bold design and innovative features […] never thought possible on mobile.” Games such as Mario Kart Tour, Minecraft Earth, and Call of Duty: Mobile.
The Top Apps and Games of 2019
In addition to its picks of the best apps and games of 2019, Apple has also listed the top apps and games of 2019. These are the apps and games that have been downloaded the most, so be sure to check out the top apps of 2019 and the top games of 2019.
And if you’re looking for even more app recommendations, here are the incredible iPhone apps worth paying for.