Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Amazon Prime members get a few more goodies than others, and one of them is a perk you might not have come across yet: Amazon Prime Samples is a program that allows Prime members to try samples of products.
It isn’t a way to get free stuff from Amazon, but the money-saving benefits are nice.
What Are Amazon Prime Samples?
Amazon Prime Samples is a risk-free way to try a new product without wasting too much money on it. You can buy a sample from anywhere between $2 and $4. These dollars work like a discount when you buy the full-sized product.
Let’s say you want to buy a skin care cream from Amazon. Instead of spending double digits on a product you might not like, you can buy a cheap sample for a few dollars. This gives you credit equal to the price you paid for the sample, and this credit can be put towards a purchase of a regular actual skin care cream shipped by Amazon.
It’s a lot like redeeming any other Amazon credit. Most of the samples right now are offered from the beauty products, food and beverages, sports nutrition, and personal care categories.
Here are some features I distilled from the Amazon FAQ:
- Samples are only available to Prime members. Sign up for Amazon Prime!
- Shipping is free for the sample box and Amazon says it takes 3-5 days.
- Buy as many samples as you like, but can only buy each unique sample once.
- You can only use your credit on items shipped and sold by Amazon.com and not a third-party seller.
- All credits are retained for 180 days after the samples are shipped.
- You can also buy a sample box instead of a single sample.
Amazon Prime Samples is has a select range of products right now but we know the shopping giant to beef up fast. So, try out a sample or a sample box. But like all Amazon purchases, read the reviews!