Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
AirBnB, as they mention, is an online marketplace for peer-to-peer traveling. It is for those travelers who are looking to skip the high-priced hotels and get a cheap local apartments. For locals, it helps to earn them money by renting out the extra space in their houses. They can add the room details like photos, map, availability calendar and the per night price. Travelers can search the listings and book the room using their credit cards. The local can then see if the guest matches their preferences and contact them.
- Online marketplace to find cheap local accommodations.
- Advanced search based on various filters available.
- Get detailed information about the room and reviews from previous guests.
- Book online through credit cards.
- Similar websites: Istopover
Check out AirBnB @ www.airbnb.com