Adapter is a free versatile media converter for PC & Mac that lets you convert files from one format to another and supports virtually all popular audio, video and image file formats. It is totally free and has a clean interface. To try it out, download and install the software on your computer. Launch the program and select a file (audio/video/image) from your computer you want to convert (or simply drag and drop it on to the interface), choose the output format and click the button “Start conversion!”.
Before you start converting, it shows you an estimate output file size and lets you preview the file so that you know the quality you will be getting and won’t waste time waiting for the wrong result, which happens sometimes with full size movie conversions. Default options are usually optimal, but you can always get into “advanced settings” to customize various conversion settings (bit rate, frame rate, resolution etc).
It supports batch conversions so you can convert multiple files at once to save time.
Download YouTube videos from within Adapter
- Converts from almost any popular file format (audio, video, image) to another.
- Select and convert files from your computer or from a remote URL.
- Trim audio/video.
- Output preview – preview output file before converting.
- Save output directly to iPhone, iPad, iTunes.
- Estimates output file size.
- Convert multiple files at a time (batch conversions).
- Convert song or video to a iPhone (.m4r) ringtone.
- Download videos from YouTube.
- Freeware. Available for Windows and Mac platforms.
- Related tools – OnlineConvert, FreeFileConverter .
Check out Adapter (by Macroplant) @ www.macroplant.com/adapter
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.