3 Apps to Make Most of TORRENTs
Torrents are by far the most popular form of file sharing. People use them to download audi, video, software, books, etc. In case you’re new to this then go straight to our mini tutotrial at the end of the post. As for all others, I would like to introduce you to a number of coolest torrent tools out there.
(1) YouTorrent / PizzaTorrent [No longer available] – The only torrent search engines you will ever need. Both of them let you search for torrents on several popular torrent sources simultaneously. Search results can be sorted by various criteria, i.e. file size, number of seeds, peers and category (Pizzatorrent only).
TORRENT CLIENTS (DOWNLOADERS)
- – Bitlet is a web-based torrent client that makes it easy to download torrents in places where you can’t install your own programs (work, college labs etc.)
(3) uTorrent (Windows) – Tiny, fast, user-friendly and extremely popular torrent client. Probably the best torrent client for Windows PCs. Suitable both for beginners and advanced users.
(4) TransmissionBT (Mac, Linux) – An equally good resource-friendly torrent client for Mac and Linux users. Simple, intuitive and absolutelly free.
Torrents mini-tutorial: What? How?
- 1. Before you can start downloading torrents you need to install a torrent client (see above).
- 2. Once the client is installed, go to one of the torrent search sites (see above) and search for whatever you want to download.
- 3. Click on the desired search result and you will be redirected to the torrent page.
- 4. Click on the ‘Download this torrent’ link and save it to your PC
- 5. Start your torrent client (step 1) and drag’n drop downloaded torrent file on top of it.
- 6. Press Confirm / OK to start downloading the file.
That’s about it. Got another noteworthy torrent tool ? Lets us know in comments.
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.