5 Staggering Email Stats That Are Hard to Believe
Imagine an Internet without email. Hard, isn’t it? Email is so engrained into modern culture, yet there are some statistics that are so crazy that they might just blow you away.
1. Approximately 205 billion emails are sent every day. That amounts to 2.4 million emails sent every single second. And even if you discount the 90% of them that contain spam or viruses, that’s still an unbelievable number.
2. 91% of all email users check their inbox at least once a day. Could you go a day without using the Internet at all ? Probably not, and email likely plays a big role in that.
I'm definitely addicted to the internet. I'm sure internet addiction will be treated more severely in the future, but for now.. weeeeee!
— Electric Mantis (@electric_mantis) December 2, 2015
3. At least 72% of U.S. adults manage personal emails by smartphone. It’s statistics like this one, combined with the one above, that help shed light on the fact that too many of us are victims of smartphone addiction .
4. Gmail has close to 1 billion active users. The world is home to a little over 7 billion people, and a vast percentage of those people have no access to email. The fact that Gmail maintains this many active users is nothing short of astonishing.
Facebook, Viber, Gmail seem to be most popular services. If you ask about Google, they say: "You mean Gmail?"
— Ilya Sukhar (@ilyasu) November 26, 2015
5. Skilled email marketing returns around $44 for every $1 spent. This is a mind-blowing statistic as this kind of return-on-investment is impossible to find anywhere else. Ever wondered why you keep getting spam, spam, and more spam ? That’s why.
Did these stats surprise you? Know any other email stats that’ll blow us away? Share them in the comments below!
Image Credit: Hand Email Icon by Melpomene via Shutterstock