25 LibreOffice Keyboard Shortcuts That’ll Speed Your Workflow
Keyboard shortcuts can be annoying to memorize, but once you learn them, your workflow speed will drastically improve . It’s simply faster to hit a key combination than it is to switch to the mouse, move it, click it, and switch back.
If you use LibreOffice for word processing, here are the important keyboard shortcuts you need to know.
Function Key Shortcuts
- F2: Open the Formula Bar.
- F3: Complete AutoText on selection.
- F5: Open the Navigator.
- F7: Open Spelling and Grammar.
- Ctrl + F7: Open Thesaurus.
- F11: Open Styles and Formatting.
- Shift + F11: Create a new style.
- F12: Toggle Numbering on selection.
- Ctrl + F12: Insert a table.
- Ctrl + #: 0 for Default paragraph, 1 to 5 to apply Headings 1 through 5.
- Ctrl + E: Center the paragraph.
- Ctrl + J: Justify the paragraph.
- Ctrl + L: Left align the paragraph.
- Ctrl + R: Right align the paragraph.
- Ctrl + Enter: Insert a page break.
- Ctrl + Page Up: Toggle to the header.
- Ctrl + Page Down: Toggle to the footer.
- Ctrl + Shift + P: Toggle Superscript.
- Ctrl + Shift + B: Toggle Subscript.
- Arrow keys: Move the cursor by one character (horizontal) or one line (vertical).
- Ctrl + Arrow keys: Move the cursor by one word (horizontal) or one paragraph (vertical).
- Home: Go to the beginning of current line.
- End: Go to the end of current line.
- Ctrl + Home: Go to the start of document.
- Ctrl + End: Go to the end of document.
Combine any of the navigational shortcuts with the Shift key to select text while moving the cursor.
Want to become an even more productive keyboard warrior? Start learning these ultimate Windows keyboard shortcuts as well as these keyboard shortcuts for Outlook . Once you do, you’ll wonder how you ever survived without them.
Do you use keyboard shortcuts a lot? Or do you prefer to use the mouse? Why? Know of any other good LibreOffice shortcuts? Let us know in the comments!
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.