Today, we’re going to check out two killer bundles from MakeUseOf Deals that have everything you need to become a Raspberry Pi master.
First, we’ll look at the complete starter kit, which is meant for someone who’s never messed with the powerful little computer before. Then, we’ll look at a bundle that includes an LCD that’ll let you take your tinkering to the next level!
The Complete Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit ($119.99, 55% Off)
As I’m sure you can guess, this starter kit comes with the Raspberry Pi 3 device itself, as none of the other stuff would be of much use without it. But that’s really just the beginning of what you get with this bundle, because you also get all the accessories you need to get running.
Here’s what comes with the accessory kit:
- Raspberry Pi Black Enclosure
- 8 GB SD card with Raspbian OS preinstalled
- 5V 2.1A Power Adapter
- Micro USB Cable with Switch
- 1 meter HDMI Cable
- USB to TTL Serial Cable
- 1 meter Ethernet Cable
- WiFi USB Adapter
- 802.11 b/g/n Wireless USB Adapter
That means that with this kit, you’ll have everything you need to power up the Pi, run an OS, connect to the Internet, and so on.
Where the starter kit really shines, though, is with the courses it comes with. Because the Pi is a device made for tinkerers, there’s a lot it can do in the right hands. But you can’t expect to just fire it up and start using it to automate your home right away!
Here’s a quick look at the courses in the bundle:
- Raspberry Pi & The Internet of Things – Learn how the Raspberry Pi can be used for all kinds of home automation projects.
- Wireless Penetration Testing with Kali Linux & Raspberry Pi – Discover how to Pi can be used to test network security.
- Cluster Pi: Build a Raspberry Pi Beowulf Cluster – Learn about parallel programming and how to use it for the Pi.
- Raspberry Pi Essentials & Extras – A refresher course that covers the basics of using the Pi.
- PiBot: Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Powered Robot – You’ll learn to build a robot! How cool is that?
- Raspberry Pi: Full Stack – This course will teach you how to use the Pi for web development.
As you can see, there’s a lot of ground covered in these courses. Between the knowledge you’ll gain and hardware itself, there’s a lot of value offered here. Don’t miss out on this one!
Raspberry Pi 3 Complete LCD Display Kit ($114.99, 10% Off)
The next Pi bundle we’re going to look at is really cool. It comes with the Pi itself (if you bought the above bundle, it certainly can’t hurt to have two, once you realize how flexible it is) and a SainSmart 7-inch LCD touchscreen. With this, you can program and tinker directly on the Pi itself, which opens up a whole new world of possible projects and cool things to do.
There’s more to this bundle, as it also comes with all the other goodies you’ll need to make the most of the computer:
- Board controller for Raspberry Pi 2/3
- SainSmart USB power supply
- Specially designed Micro USB cable
- ABS black case
- 3 premium quality heat sinks
- 8 GB SD card
- HDMI cable
- Quick-start guide
- Gift box
If you’re a more experienced Pi user, this is the bundle for you, as you won’t get all the courses that come with the starter kit. Instead, you trade that for an awesome LCD touchscreen! For $115, it’s quite a good deal that’ll springboard you into the world of advanced Pi programming.