15 Essential Chrome Shortcuts That Everyone Should Be Using
One of the main reasons to use a modern browser is that they can boost your day-to-day productivity once you learn the ins and outs of what they can do. Every browser is unique though and Chrome is no exception, but its learning curve is pretty easy.
Want to become a Chrome power user? Then there are a few important tips and tricks that you’ll need to pick up , but the most important will be knowing how to do things using just your keyboard. You’ll be surprised at how convenient these shortcuts can be.
Are you ready? Here are the essentials to know:
- Home: Scroll to the top of the page.
- End: Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- F5: Refresh the current tab.
- Alt + F5: Refresh all open tabs.
- Alt + Left: Go to previous page.
- Alt + Right: Go to next page.
- Ctrl + D: Bookmark the current page.
- Ctrl + F: Search for text on the current page.
- Ctrl + J: Open the Downloads manager.
- Ctrl + T: Open a new tab.
- Ctrl + W: Close the current tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + T: Reopen the last closed tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + N: Open a new Incognito window .
- Ctrl + Shift + Delete: Clear history, cache, cookies, downloads, passwords, and other data.
- Shift + Escape: Open the built-in Task Manager .
How many of these shortcuts do you use? Are there any important ones that we missed? Got any other Chrome tips to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.