Why is the Windows Media Player 11 library and Media Guide not working in Windows XP?

rishi August 25, 2011
Whatsapp Pinterest

There are no items in this library yet – the player is searching for digital media files in the background.

I also try File > add to library… to add music (.mp3) files in library, but it does not work. So what can I do?

I'm glad it fixed it!

Just remember that the Media Network Sharing Service is still disabled.

2. Rishi1592

i can't copy all files in "%USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftMedia Player" they show me error you don't copy download files it's denny but i,
    delete all the original files in "%USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftMedia Player" and it's work perfectly 

Hi Rishi,

Go to Start -> Run (or press Special + R) and type "services.msc" without quotes. Scroll down till you find "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" then right click on it and choose "stop".

Then (again) go to start -> run and type "%USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftMedia Player" without quotes, leave everything else as is. A folder should open, copy those files to another directory. I would create a folder on my desktop named "Backup" and paste those files there. Once you've sucessfully copied them to another directory, delete all the original files in %USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftMedia Player

Now reboot your computer and it should work.
    Source: HowToGeek