I can connect to Outlook 2013. I will be stable for 1 – 5 minutes. Then it says “Windows has stopped working” and either restarts or offers to forward the info onto Microsoft.
Any ideas how I can restore stability to this program?
There can be various reasons for the issue to occur.
Some common problem causing issues are:
• Latest updates aren’t installed on your system.
• Any installed add-in or application might be causing problem.
• The mailbox size has grown large.
• The Office programs got corrupt.
• Outlook data files got corrupt, or damaged.
• The installed firewall or Antivirus software may be interfering with Outlook.
• The Outlook user profile got corrupt.
In order to resolve the problem try following fixes:
• Get the latest updates installed
• Ensure that Outlook is not being used by another program/add-in or application.
• Check the size of Outlook mailbox and prevent it from being oversized
• Run Repair methods if the Office programs are corrupt
• Repair the Outlook data files(OST/PST)
• Un install or disable the antivirus software
• Delete the current Outlook user profile.
Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool
[Broken Link Removed]
analyze several Microsoft Office programs for common configurations that may cause problems
Was your Win 8 install a fresh one or was it upgraded from a previous version of Windows? If it was an upgrade, was Outlook 2013 already installed or was it installed after Win8? Does your system have all of the updates from Windows Update installed, including those for Office 2013? Ever since Win8 was released there have been a lot of updates regarding stability of the OS and Office components installed on it, including out-of-band updates (those released outside of the Patch Tuesday update schedule).