What is the best firewall app for Android?

Rui L August 14, 2013

I would like to know if there are any firewall apps for Android. I would like an app that doesn’t drain my battery or tax my CPU.

What would you recommend?

Thanks for the help.

1. Homer

There are a number of OS level apps that seem to penetrate thru all of these firewalls.

2. Dave R

As it has been very good on my desktop I used the Android Portable App Avast

3. Ayush M
    • Caroline W

Yes, I recommend Lookout also. A few more apps like this came out after Lookout. Having used it since I got my tablet and now a droid phone, I have stuck with Lookout and it hasn't let me down so far. It does a great job of scanning any apps you install letting you know that they are safe or not. It came highly recommended in computer magazines. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it backs up your phone also. Plus if the phone gets lost or stolen, Lookout will help. It's worth having a look at and trying it.

4. Vandan K

Use Kaspersky

Its the best antivirus and firewall for Android OS