What can cause dim printer output if ink is new?

Dr.sunil V July 4, 2013
Whatsapp Pinterest

As dragonmouth says, it's difficult to advise without knowing the printer model and other information (e.g. has it been left in storage for a while? New printer? Recently replaced cartridges?). However, I'll take a stab in the dark and suggest that the most common reasons (on inkjet printers) are clogged up heads (the printer utility software should have an option to clean them).
    NB: If it's an Epson printer, the cleaning often has to be done in multiple cycles, which consist of cleaning and printing a test sample. Each cycle uses a higher voltage (and hence temperature) on the print head, so you must not stop after, say, the third cycle, try something else, and then come back to it, but instead continue until you get a result, or you give up completely!

• Dr.sunil V

Thank you

The printer model is hp LaserJet M1136 MFP

• Oron J

Thanks, this MFP has a laser printer, which is quite different from the inkjets I've been referring to. Check is that the protective plastic film has been removed from the cartridge as this could be the source of your problems (I've seen it happen before). Take out the toner cartridge, and look for an orange plastic tab (f you still have the cardboard box, there will be specific instructions for the cartridge). If the tab is there, pull hard and it will come off with a long plastic film. Discard the film and put the cartridge back into the printer.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks.

Pl note :
      the ink is new but the cartridge is not new.
      Cartridge has been used many times

• Dr.sunil V

hullo

Do you mean tab as in this image :

search results

• Oron J

The link you sent has many pictures. What I meant was a separate piece of plastic (normally orange on HP printers), such as the one on the left in this picture.

2. dragonmouth

Without knowing make/model number I would say that the print heads might be dirty. Check your printer manual on how to clean them.

• Dr.sunil V