What are my options for upgrading my version of Android on a Huawei Ideos X5?

Varda84 May 10, 2013

I have a Huawei Ideos X5, and it says I have version 2.2.2 of Android. I want to upgrade to a newer version, but when I choose “update via Internet” it says I’m up to date.

I can’t figure out how to update, and I really want an app that only works on newer Android versions. Can anyone help me?

You currently have Froyo installed and as per documents, the later models do support GingerBread. Logically you should get the Gingerbread update by the method you said if the company Huawei has officially launched it for the older models, which logically they should. The website say 2.3 Gingerbrea . Have you installed their PC software and tried update through that by plugging the phone via USB. Try it. If nothing works, then you may have to look into custom ROM options for your phone, but then it voids the warranty and is a bit risky doing for layman people and if you do not do it properly, you may run the risk of bricking the device. For that checkout [Broken URL Removed] and see if your device is supported or not.

Found something on Ideos u8150 [Broken URL Removed] . But not sure if this is your model or not.

Checkout the Huawei Official Firmware download center : [Broken URL Removed]

In Find by product in first listdown select Smartphones and then in the next select your model. However, in this listdown they have entry for Huawei Ideos X5 and also the U8000 series, so be very sure of your model series and pick the correct one.