I am trying to load an application in jad (or jar, not sure) format onto my Blackberry. It comes compressed and instructions say to unzip it. When I upload to my phone, do I compress it again?
did the steps outlined by ha14 work for you? Please let us know. Thank you!
1. Download to .JAR to your PC
2. Link your Blackberry to your PC via the USB cable
3. Open "Computer" in the Start Menu
4. Go to the folder/location on your PC where you stored the .JAR file
5. Either copy or cut the file (In case there's any oopses, best to copy)
6. In the Drive/Device list under the "Computer" screen find your Blackberry
7. Paste the file either into the root of Blackberry or a subfolder, either will suffice.
8. Unhook Blackberry from USB cable
9. In the applications on your phone (or on home screen depending on Theme) scroll to the "Media" icon
10. Click the "Media" icon to launch it
11. Press the menu button and select "Explore"
12. Locate the .JAR file either on the device memory or memory card
13. Click the file, and it should prompt you to download (install)
14. Click "Download" and you should be fine.
If you don’t have a Data plan, then, copy the JAR file to a MicroSD card, navigate to the sd card via explore in the media menu and navigate to wherever you saved it.