I’m currently on iOS 6.1.2 & have heard iOS 7 is really sluggish on iPhone 4. Should i upgrade to iOS 7 or wait for iOS 7.1 ?
I have performance problems with upgrade. After upgrade, phone become much slower. Even for simple calling, sometimes it takes 4-5 seconds to just open dial interface. Even battery time reduced from 10 hours to 7 hours.
I have no problems in my phone . I have been it already. It is so cool with new designs!
Many who put 7.0.4 complain iPhone 4 performance. But they praised beta 7.1, so it's best to wait for version 7.1.
I do believe that it is better to move to 7 with its new features (for example, there is a tweak in Cydia Airdrop Enable), if you do not mind the new interface.
I have. I did not notice my iPhone 4 being any slower with 7 than it was with 6.
But then, it always seemed slow to me.
My daughter's iPhone 4 is definitely sluggish after the upgrade to IOS7 - I would stay on 6
I have an iPhone 4 and although it runs fine, the only reason you should upgrade (in my opinion) is when an app requires you do so. The battery seems to drain quite a bit faster, but I have no metrics to support that, it just seems like that.
Should I Upgrade an iPhone 4 to iOS 7?
I don't have any problems running the current iOS 7.0.4 on my iPhone 4.
That being said, if you are happy with iOS 6 there is no need to upgrade. Remember, you can't really downgrade your iPhone (the easy way).
So unless you want the new design, want the new features or want to use some apps that require the new iOS I don't think there is a reason to upgrade.
Thanks. I'm not particularly happy with all the transparency & light text of the new UI but some functionality like Control Centre, did tempt me.
However, being Jail-broken i have most of those features on 6.1.2.
So, have decided to wait it out till 7.1.
No problems on my 4S
new updates are sometimes confusing and full of doubts. But to tell you the truth, new updates bring much needed security enhancements and some new features to your system. So, I would really suggest you to go with the update.
Thanks. As security is not a major concern for me, i've decided to wait for 7.1, as iPhone 4 is sluggish on iOS 7, from all the feedback I'm getting from my friends.