How do I remove an old Itunes from my PC? I receive a lost path error when I try. I want to upgrade to iTunes 10.5.
Here is a link to a good website that helps people install and / or uninstall iTunes properly. It can keep you from going completely nuts if you are running into any problems trying to install, reinstall or uninstall iTunes! You can find step by step instructions there to help you if you can't remove or install iTunes for any reason or if it got corrupted somehow. It also has other reference links that have helped a lot of people from going completely nuts with iTunes problems: http://HowToUninstalliTunes.com
If you are running into any trouble installing or uninstalling iTunes or problems with it in general you will probably want to check this article before you go completely nuts!!
iTunes can be very difficult to uninstall properly because of a number of registry keys left behind by other pieces of software that it works with that also need to be removed. The article explains what you have to do step by step if you can't uninstall iTunes using the ADD/REMOVE programs. If you don't uninstall it properly you can get all sorts of errors when trying to install a new copy... even if you try to write over your existing copy. It saved me hours of aggravation and I did not lose my music!
YEA I DID SEE UR FACEBOOK
oh thats easy but you need a email & paaword you go on apps then you
click on the think you want it will say install push that hen it will say enter ur pass then u do that then you get it
search itunes and delete all files
[Broken Link Removed]
search for itunes left over reg files and delete
Remove iTunes and related components from the Control PanelUse the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order.
Then, restart your computer.
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended effects.If you need more detailed steps on removing and these components, refer to the following steps:
1. Quit the following programs, if they are running:
Apple Software Update
2. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
3. In Control Panel, open "Add or Remove Programs."
4. Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs, then click Remove.
5. When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, select Yes.
6. After the uninstallation is complete, do not restart your computer if you are prompted to.
7. If other program entries were listed for iTunes in Add or Remove Programs, remove those as well by repeating steps 4-6.
8. Remove any iPod Updater applications that are listed the same way you removed iTunes.
9. Remove all instances of QuickTime the same way you removed iTunes.
10. Remove all instances of Apple Software Update the same way you removed iTunes.
11. Remove all instances of Apple Mobile Device Support the same way you removed iTunes.
12. Remove all instances of Bonjour the same way you removed iTunes.
13. Remove all instances of Apple Application Support the same way you removed iTunes.
14. Restart your computer.
Have you tried downloading the new versions of iTunes and installing it over the old version? The iTunes installer might remove the old version for you.
Hello, best way would be to remove with free version of Revo Uninstaller:
The following link will show you a tutorial in case you need it:
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs / Programs And Features, find "iTunes" and remove it.