I have Windows Vista. Every month or so I need to change my password. Where do I go to eliminate this exceedingly annoying process?
You have to change the password policy.
1. click Start, enter "secpol.msc" into the search box and click on "secpol" in results
2. navigate to "Account Policies" and click on "Password Policy"
3. set the Maximum password age to 0
* requires you to have Windows Vista Business, Enterprise or Ultimate Edition
* for Starter, Home Basic and Home Premium settings can be found in the registry
* unfortunately I don't know where (¬_¬)