How can I have the text in a Word document converted to speech?

Kameswara Rao April 20, 2011

I am using Windows 7 with Office 2007. I want the text in Microsoft Word to read loud. I am taking long to read the text. But I can hear and understand the contents. Is there any software do do this reading the text?

1. Sahil Dave

In Russian, "Balabolka" means "chatterer." Balabolka can save onscreen text in a variety of sound files as well as read text from the clipboard, Word documents, PDFs, HTML files, and more. Users can apply a special substitution list that can make changes to pronunciation, spelling, and other parameters. It can alter the rate, pitch, and accent of the speaking voice.

• Kkrao22

Thank you Sir.

2. Some Guy

The built in Windows 7 "SAM" text-to-speech lacks coherency. Try Balabolka instead!

Hello, what version of windows 7 are you using? The narrator program contained within the accessibility options on windows 7 does a pretty decent job. It is not available with all the languages. Here is a link explaining more about the narrator program and how to access it.

• Kameswara Rao

Thank You,
      I am having windows 7 starter version. the narrator is only reading the massages and my actions on the screen. I dont know how to get the text to be read by narrator. I will try the link you have suggested. Otherwise I will have contact you for more detailed instructions. Thank you once

Here is a free program you might want to try.