Should I buy and iPad now or wait until the fall?

Anish P June 10, 2013

Since my birthday is coming up, I was thinking maybe I should get an iPad. I am almost positive I’d go for an iPad mini over the 4th Gen iPad.

Should I wait until the fall release of the iPad mini 2, which will probably have a Retina display and a new chip, etc. or should I get it now?

  1. Edward F
    September 12, 2013 at 7:54 am

    It depends on you. If I were you, I would wait.

  2. George
    August 5, 2013 at 8:50 am

    Definitely wait. The iPad mini is really bad. Basically a smaller iPad 2. Wait for the new one or get an iPad 3/4. The new one will probably be the same price as the first one was when it was released. If I were you I would try and save up for the iPad 5, it will be released around the same time as the new mini

  3. Sagar Sanjeev
    June 26, 2013 at 9:39 am

    Go For Apple Bro If Ur Not A UI Freak
    But If U Are Go For Nexus 7 or 10

  4. Emmanuel Asuncion
    June 23, 2013 at 10:39 am

    Good things comes to those who waits :-)

  5. Tim Brookes
    June 14, 2013 at 12:12 am

    If you're going for an iPad mini then I'd say definitely wait, the benefits that the next model will bring (potentially a Retina screen and a guaranteed faster chip) are potentially huge. Then again if you're going to buy a standard sized iPad I wouldn't say it makes a huge difference at the moment - Apple will likely change the chip, maybe improve battery life but probably not too much else next time round. The "big" iPad is already notably faster with a hugely improved screen over the mini, while the mini looks like a last generation device. If they manage to put a Retina screen in there next time round then you will thank yourself for waiting, put it that way.

    If you _absolutely_ need the device now, then buy it now. If you're travelling, or your old device has died, or you suddenly find you need a lightweight tablet for work, study etc then you should buy it and use it as intended. You could always consider selling it again, as Apple gear tends to retain a decent resale value you should have little problem getting some money back and upgrading at a later date.

    Then again, the fact that you're asking this question means you should probably wait and bottle your excitement for a few months :)

  6. Leland Whitlock
    June 11, 2013 at 4:24 am

    First ask yourself the question do I need it now or can I wait? Once you answer that you will know whether to buy now. If you have an immediate need then waiting for something is not worth the effort or aggravation.

  7. Dave Parrack
    June 10, 2013 at 8:32 pm

    I would wait, personally. If you have waited this long to get an iPad then what's another few months? I'd also go for the Mini as the smaller size gives it a great advantage over its bigger brother.

  8. Harshit J
    June 10, 2013 at 3:26 pm

    You must wait and watch. The second generation of Ipad mini is near and I don't recommend buying an older version at this time.

  9. ha14
    June 10, 2013 at 2:23 pm

    iPad mini 2 should be better also gets 8 megapixel camera rear of the device.
    it depends on how you will use the device for which purposes, you can wait iPad mini 2 then go see it yourself to compare with iPad mini, at this perhaps iPad mini will drop a little more so you make a good deal.

    • Kyem Ghosh
      June 12, 2013 at 5:37 am

      8mp camera... Ammm... Really?? Well I have a mini n m always looking forward for an update. But I didn't get anything abt the 8mp feature anywhere.. May be I missed it..

    • ha14
      June 12, 2013 at 10:51 am

      Retina iPad mini leak points to upgraded processor and cameras

  10. Ahan Kala
    June 10, 2013 at 1:55 pm

    Think again and see if you are sure you want to buy the Apple product. If you are sure then go for the Mini right away :)

  11. in_mohit
    June 10, 2013 at 11:03 am

    Don't buy iPad, instead buy Samsung's Galaxy Tab. It has USB ports.

    • Kyem Ghosh
      June 12, 2013 at 5:35 am

      Having usb ports doesn't mean its better than iPad.

    • Anish P
      August 5, 2013 at 2:48 pm

      I'm going to be sticking with getting an iPad - i'm already in the apple ecosystem with a mac and an iPhone and I'm not really that interested in USB ports.

Ads by Google