I can send but not receive faxes. Have a Comcast modem, but they are useless for help. Also have a Comcast phone. Windows 7 with Windows7 drivers on a new Dell. Any help appreciated.
@ Shore Patrol ,
Did you figure out the issue? Let us know
Hello, usually when you have a fax and can send faxes but not received them, it is due to problems with the line and not with the fax machine itself. Have you checked that your line is plugged in to the right connector? You have to check and make sure that your phone line is plugged in to the line jack not the external phone jack.
were you able to fix your fax issues with ha14's help? Please let us know what did the trick or if you need more help!
First of all, please make sure that the phone cable plugged into "1line", and not into 2ext by mistake.
If the issue persists, for my opinion, restoring the printer defaults can help in a case that something messed up with it:
go to the printer's menu into tools, and restore the factory defaults.
now make sure to set your country correctly under preferences, and set the rings to answer back to 2.
If still, please try to reduce the speed to 9600 under advanced fax setting.
as last option, you can try also to disable Error Correction Mode (ECM) and see if it's reacting differently.
Troubleshoot fax problems (also applicable for Windows 7)
Set up your computer to send and receive faxes
You can connect to one fax modem only. You should also make sure that your computer (or your external fax modem) is connected to an analog phone line, and that the phone line has a dial tone so that you can place and receive phone or fax calls.
To turn on send and receive options for a modem
# check the modem settings to see if send and receive options are turned on.
1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
2. To use Fax view, at the bottom of the left pane, click Fax.
3. Click the Tools menu, and then click Fax Settings. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. Click the General tab, and then, under Device name, make sure that the modem is selected.
5. Under Send/receive options, make sure that the Allow the device to send faxes check box is selected.
6. Make sure that the Allow the device to receive fax calls check box is selected, and then choose how to receive faxes:
* To manually answer phone calls as incoming fax calls using Windows Fax and Scan, click Manually answer, and then click OK.
* To have Windows automatically answer phone calls as incoming fax calls, click Automatically answer after X rings, select the number of rings after which Windows can try to answer phone calls as incoming fax calls, and then click OK.
# If someone else set up the computer to send and receive faxes, you might not have permission to use the built-in or external fax modem.
To give all users permission to send and receive faxes
4. Click the Security tab, and then, in the Group or user names box, click Everyone.
5. In the Permissions for Everyone box, select the Allow check box next to the Fax permission, and then click OK.