I want to setup a small business for scanning photos (to start with) and then getting into other aspects of digital services (like photo restoration, printing, scanning negatives/slides/documents, etc.)
For the scanning-related I needed to know what is the best scanner in your experience, which you would recommend? I think the following are important factors.
– fast scanning of photos to handle bulk jobs
– min 300 dpi resolution
– capability of scanning front (photo) and back (captions, date) automatically
– Very good color depth (32 bit should be enough?)
– ADF capacity of min 100 sheets
– Transparency adapter is a must
My outside limit for the budget would be $1500- $2000. Please suggest. Any other opinions/suggestions related to above will be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.