How can I remove an autorun virus from my protable device?

rishi November 20, 2011
Whatsapp Pinterest

I use ESET Smart Security 5 anti virus software. It has show an autorun virus, but it can’t remove it.

So, how can I remove autorun virus from my portable hard disk, pen drive and mobile phones? And how can I protect my portable devices?

1. Nuwan Chamara

plz hepl me to repair my account. There is a problem in my account

U can use autorun virus remover.I have been useing wih it but no time can i say to u that it isn't work.defenitely I offer to buy it

once you remove the autirun.inf file with an updated antivirus,
    create a folder named autorun.inf in your root folder of pendrive.
    so that it can't be created again on your pendrive.

Hello, usually when you set the hidden files to unhidden, you will find a folder in your usb drive name Recycler, this is mostly where this viruses hide.  You could try installing malwarebytes like suggested before and run the fileassassin tool to get rid of it.  Or,  you could try Lockhunter and unlocker to see if you can get rid of that file. 

Usually, what I have done in the past for this case is to move the files/folders on the drive to another system protected with sandboxie, returnil or deep freeze.  That way even if I move the file or open it, it stays in a sandbox and doesn't infect my system.  Once the files I want/need to keep are moved, I just format the usb drive twice.  Once drive is formatted, I would check it for viruses/malware.  Then, I would proceed to scan the files/folders I moved for viruses/malware.  If files are clean, I would move them back to the usb drive.  It never hurt me to scan the usb drive again to make sure.  Also, make sure to turn autorun off as suggested above.