Can you recommend a program to simulate or model the design for a building project with PVC tubing?

Radie February 24, 2011

I am building a “sculture” out of PVC tubing. Does anyone know of a software or website that will allow me to lay out my design?

Specifically, I am building a little jungle gym for my toddler. It has become tough to test out ideas on graph paper and was hoping for some sort of program that would help.

I suppose it doesn’t have to be PVC specific (though that would be ideal), it could be a SIMPLE program to build wire-frames perhaps?

DTS Challenge)messiahStudio5 Basic they are in great deals check it before too late.

There are a lot of 3D wire-frame software out there but I'm afraid none of them really suits your needs. They all have a rather slow learning curve if you want to do more than rendering basic shapes.

Google Sketchup probably the easiest one

Share-, Trial-, Demo-ware:
    Cinema 4D

• Will Radie

Well.. I have messed with Sketch-Up before and I suppose I could peek back in an see what I can hack my way through as far as wire-frame.

For what it is worth I do want to make a simple structure out of 1 and 2 foot squares.. Just some tubes crisscrossing each other for my son to crawl around on... VERY basic.

Now that I think about it.. Using a CAD program and LDAW ( might do the trick. I might be able to use the virtual LEGOs to stand in as PVC.

which program worked best for you in the end?