I have a Panasonic KX-P1121E Dot Matrix print. And after it is turned off not sure about going into idle it will not print. I have to reinstall it for it to print again. This printer is used for our small family business.
The printer is on, but its idle/not working
Click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
After CMD opens, type net start print spooler.
Restart your printer.
Hello, can you explain a little bit more about your set-up? What is the operating system? Are you using a usb cable to connect? or a parallel cable adapter to usb? Are the most recent drivers for your operating system installed?
1. Go into the "Printers and Faxes".
2. Right-Click the printer icon and Left-Click "Delete".
3. Remove the USB cable from the printer and computer.
4. Turn the Printer off, unplug the power cable from the printer.
5. Uninstall the software.
6. Turn the Computer off.
After the computer is turned off, wait a few moments, then turn the computer back on.
7. Plug the power cable back into the printer and turn the Printer on.
8. Install the software and follow the instructions on screen, (do not plug the USB cable in until the software says to).