What is the best way to print on special scroll-like paper and make it look realistic?

tom solder August 15, 2011

What software (?) can I use to print on pre-printed paper that looks like a scroll, so the print looks like it was actually printed on a scroll, then rolled/unrolled?

  1. Muzzacat
    February 22, 2012 at 2:00 am

    Were you able to resolve this issue? I have the same thing at the moment and wondering how to do it.

  2. Mulder
    August 16, 2011 at 1:23 pm

    If this paper is in cut sheets, then you would simple print it as you would anything else. But if the paper is in rolls, this capability is determined by your printer software, which comes with the printer. If your printer is capable of printing on rolls, it's quite easy. Otherwise, you'd need to buy a printer with that capability, such as an Epson Stylus 2200 printer (there are others to choose from).

    Just as if a service bureau were printing a mural from a digital file, your printer must be designed to accept roll paper, and the printer software is the key to making it work.