Windows 7. I can print to my HP P2015D but my computer won’t recognize my HP 5600 Laser Jet. A computer with XP has no problems.
What can I do to make Windows 7 compatible with the laser jet?
Hello, I think there are two possible options for this. One, try running the installation in compatibility view, and the other is to run the installation as administrator.
Thanks for your solution but I think I goofed it should be hp 5600 inkjet not laser.
Hello, the solution should still apply. Let us know how it goes.
remove all HP related software from your system.
1) Open your device manager to remove the printer and drivers.
2) Make sure the printer is NOT connected to your system
3)On driver file right click Run the program as administrator and install
4) Connect your printer to the USB port
1) Right Click the .EXE driver and to Run the TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY tool - select TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY
Select the Compatibility tab -> "Run the program..."
2. Select Windows Vista or XP, and click OK
After choosing to run the Troubleshoot Compatibility tool - if Windows finds a possible solution it will respond with "TRY WINDOWS RECOMMENDED SETTINGS" and "CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS" . Choose Try Windows Recommended Settings to use the driver setting Windows suggest.
Try downloading drivers from the HP site
After installing the drivers, restart your pc.