Why does my laptop screen turn off when I open the lid after closing it?

Vibin_techfume February 8, 2011
Whatsapp Pinterest

My OS- Windows XP Profesional SP2
My Processor- Intel Core2Duo 1.66 GHz
Laptop brand- Dell Inspiron E1405
Issue- Whenever I close my laptop’s lid and open it, the screen turns black. I tried pressing Windows key, alt+ctrl+del etc. but the screen shows nothing. So I need to force shutdown. Any help will be appreciated.

1. Montyjoshi59

my laptop screen is sundally off how i can do the open screen

I suggest that you submit a new question and share a few more details about what happened, what model laptop you have, what operating system is running, and what the symptoms are.

2. Vibin

Oh, damn I figured it out...It was nothing but my laptop was switching to stand by mode when I close its lid! Now I changed its preferences and its fine now!
    Thanks Fidelis for the quick answer.

Hello, first thing you should do is check if you have latest display drivers for your laptop. This is the Dell Page for drivers for you laptop model.

Also check if there is a recent update for your BIOS.

This link provides the instructions for installing the BIOS.

Follow the following link's instruction to check and change the power settings if needed :

[Broken Link Removed]