What kind of software do I need to create PDFs with over 700 pages and high-quality graphics?
cutepdf writer is another good free software for windows.All editions of Linux Mint have that functionality built in.
Microsoft office 2010 has a build in PDF creation
Microsoft office 2007 has a separate pluging that must be installed from microdsoft
You can create PDF files from within Microsoft Word, for example, when you have the Adobe Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Professional software.
Use the following steps to configure Adobe Acrobat and create PDF files from within a supported application such as Microsoft Word.
1. Under the Adobe PDF menu, select Change Conversion Settings. A new window will appear.
2. At Conversion Settings, select “PDF/A-1b:2005 (RGB)” and click Advanced Settings. A new window will appear. In this window, click the Images folder and change all three of the pixels per inch settings.
3. Click OK. You will be prompted to save the new settings. Enter “xxxx.joboptions” and click Save.
4. Click OK. As shown, you will now have a special XXX conversion setting available whenever you want to create PDF files for deposit.
5. Now, under the Adobe PDF menu, select Convert to Adobe PDF. You will be prompted to save the PDF file.
Use the Open Office Suite (http://www.openoffice.org/). It's open source (free) software.
Use Open Office Writer and when you're finished with your document, go to File and Export as PDF.
The same kind of software you need to create PDFs with 10 pages and bad quality graphics. It doesnt care how many pages or what graphics you have.
If you're using OSX, there is PDF creation functionality built into the core OS, just hit print -> save as PDF. Simple, done.
On Windows, I'm afraid it'll be far more effort than that. You'll need a separate piece of software, I believe PDF Creator is free but it may be limited in some way I'm not sure of: //www.makeuseof.com/tag/create-free-pdf-files-instantly-easily-pdfcreator/