I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6909 model#PSAG8U-05G02C running Windows 7 64bit. The sound has stopped working on it.
I hear no sound when it boots up. Audio doesn’t work with youtube via Chrome or IE, or whether I play CDs or from local MP3s on the laptop. There is no sound via plugged in headphones.
Things that I have done:
- Scanned and removed malware from computer
- Tried in safe mode
- I also ran Microsoft Security Essentials on the computer (nothing malicious found)
- Ran a defrag
- Disk clean up
- Ran SFC
- Ran Windows updates, rebooted
- Reset IE and Chrome
- Remove BHO’s, checked manage addons under IE and removed anything unwanted
- Minimalised startup applications under msconfig
- Uninstalled sound driver and let it reinstall from reboot.
- Downloaded and installed sound driver from manufacturer website (toshiba).
- Ran Microsoft fixit on sound (nothing found)
Any suggestions would be welcome.