Hi, I have a 1 TB Toshiba external hard drive. It shows that it is detecting on the task bar but not detecting on my computer. What could be the reason please? Help.
Apart from the suggestion of Hovsep, You can also try removing the installed driver for your Toshiba drive from Device Management (Look under USB Ports) and let the computer install it automatically on the next restarts.
P.S. Make sure the cables are connected and working properly.
1. Go to run and enter[diskmgmt.msc and hit [enter] to open the Disk Management interface in Windows.
2. Now You can see all the hard drives and partitions of the computer system.
3. Select the hard drive which dont have the Drive Letter.
4. Right Click on that Drive and Select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”
5. Now click the Add button and assign a drive letter to the hard drive.