Do international powerline network adapters need to use a step down converter when used abroad?

Drsunil V April 7, 2014

Is it necessary to use a ‘step down converter’ for powerline adapters made for a different country (to be used in India)? Or should these work in any country?

If I need one, please could you give me an example of a suitable step down converter on Amazon?

Oron is right. depending on the router perhaps the powerline is not supported. NETGEAR does not recommend using power strips, surge protectors, UPS and extension cords with Powerline products
    Outside of North America, there are country specific plugs for the Powerline products sold in those regions.

I wouldn't use a Powerline adapter that wasn't designed for your country. Not only would different voltages probably cause it not to work (a step down transformer would practically act as a filter to remove the high frequency data signal), but even using a plug adapter will attenuate the signal and reduce its quality.