Ho do I insert drop down menus in Word-for-Mac templates?
Most helpful - I couldn't find anything about drop downs in the Help menu.
thanks, super helpful.
Will this "port" to Word 2010 on PC?
This procedure "ports" to a PC just fine. However, I created a form on a PC, but the pull-down list created does not work on a Mac. Any suggestions?
My PC created form was compatible with my Mac and Word 2010 - however, it is not compatible with my newer Mac and Word 2011! Cannot figure out why.
I have the same problem
YES!!! very helpful. I thought I was going to have to crack open the PC lap top to fix this file. Much easier on the Mac, just didn't have "Developer" checked. You saved the day...Thank you , Thank you, Thank you!!!
You didn't specify, but this tutorial is for Word for Mac 2011, the most recent version.
1. Go to the Word menu.
2. Select Preferences
3. Select Ribbon under Personal Settings
4. Check the box next to "Developer" in the list if it is not checked.
5. Click "OK"
6. Go to the Developer tab on the Ribbon.
7. Select Combo Box
8. Double-click on the newly-added element to add items to the drop-down.
9. Press OK when you are finished.
10. Press Protect Form when you wish to be able to select items in the drop-down.