I am already using Google Drive to take notes, do I still need Evernote?

Sanctus Lee January 18, 2013
Whatsapp Pinterest

Google Drive is good enough for taking notes, right?

1. Mahesh Kumar

Google drive is what i use to take notes. Best part is that it is all synchronized. Even if i delete in one file by mistake it goes to the recycle bin and is not deleted for ever that way i can even recover it later..

2. Ignacio Cual

I can't relate one service to the other. I have an account on both, but they each serve a different purpose entirely.

3. Dave Jackson

#OneNote is my preferene and has been for almost a decade

4. salim benhouhou

yes , i believe evernote still the best way

5. shaurya gupta

If you think you are okay with it then continue,else switch.

6. Saurav Azad

no i don't think so stick with drive if you are comfortable with it .

If Google drive can satisfy your needs then you do not need to go for a paid service like ever note.
    Although evernote do have some advantages over google drive for note taking.
    1: Available for almost all platforms (IOS, Android, Windows phone, Windows, Mac).
    2: syncs your note.
    3: supports notes via email
    4: Works offline and online (Even on mobile phones), Google won't allow offline document creation).
    5: Searches from scanned documents even from your phone.
    6: Have browser plugins for major desktop and mobile browsers.
    And many more.
    If you do not need all these you can just continue using Google drive.

8. Mihovil Pletikos

they are different things... if you need all options of endnote like audio, video notes use it... if not... stick to google... or even beter ms onenote

9. Lisa Santika Onggrid

If you're comfortable with your current solution, it's fine. No need to follow other's method. Evernote is and everything bucket, so if your notes are composed of interconnected multimedia files it might give you more flexibility. For plain texts, Google Drive is okay. I personally use Dropbox for accomplishing the same task.

10. Ashwin Ramesh

Well it all depends on your needs. Both have certain advantages and disadvantages. I use Evernote. But Google Drive sure is a better option. Maybe I'll have to think of switching now :)