How to find a team of developers (not a freelancer) for the development of a Joomla extension?

Giuseppe C October 11, 2013

Hello, I’m committed to look for a team of developers to develop a Joomla extension for implementing the Ushahidi 2.7 web application. The first issue I’ve found is that it seems that nobody is available to do what is supposed: to take on the requirements and start the development. So I’d like to know how to search for the right team that may take on the project. A project that will make available, as it is now for Drupal and WordPress, a crowdmap as Ushahidi for all of the users and developers community. Thank you.

1. Giuseppe C

Hello, thank you for your interest. The point is that they work with Drupal (that already has an Ushahidi module) as regards CMS... do you know some other options please?

Giuseppe :)

2. Guy M

Let me rephrase the question to make sure I understand it.
    You want to hire a team of developers, that aren't freelancers, to develop an extension for Joomla?
    The simplest way to do this would be to hire a web development firm that specializes in Joomla and associated technologies. They should help you define what needs to be done and a time line for doing it. Then they'll get the job done.
    Hope that helps.

• Giuseppe C

Thank you for your interest; since the extension is interesting for many users/developers I wonder if there may be a way to trigger a team to take on the development of the Ushahiidi 2.7.1 API having them the final ownership of the extension; an extension that will be provided commercial (but me as begether) in the Joomla 2.5 extension directory. Thank you.
      Is there anybody knows somebody available to take on a project with that aim in mind?

Giuseppe :)