How do I change the language of my operating system (Windows 8) ie, from German to English?
I donot have english in the list after I click Add a language
just watch this video tutorial
Hello, here is what Microsoft has to say:
1) How to Change Language Preferences in Windows 8
2) Windows 8 - Change the system language
How to install language pack.
If you have more than the German language installed click on the language icon on the taskbar, it will be three letters for example for Swedish it shows SWE.
Then click on language installation and chose your desired language under Advanced Installation.
You will be prompted to log off and back on again.
I regulary change mine from Swedish to English and this way is the fastest for me.
Windows 8 - Change the system language -
See Microsoft's instructions here.
Windows Logo+ R, then just type the command:
control.exe /name Microsoft.Language
1) Launch the “Charms Bar”, you can do this by pressing “Window button” on your keyboard.
2) Type “Control Panel” and launch it
3) Under the option “Clock, Language and Region”, click on “Change Display Language”
4) In this window, under the language windows, you can see all the language options
5) If you do not see German, Click on “Add a Language” to add language pack in Windows 8. A list of available languages will be generated, select German language that you want to add to your language preference list.
6) To make German language your display language, move it to the top of your language list and click to apply.
7) Reboot Windows for the language change to take effect
Locate or download English to set it to English:)