How can I undo automatic backups of documents in Microsoft Word? I need a previous version of a document.
when you save a word document after selecting Always Create Backup Copy, Word keeps a backup of the original in the same directory you store the original.
1) In Word 2010, click the File tab then Options, The Word Options window opens
2) Click on Advanced. Then scroll down to the Save Option
3) Uncheck Always Create Backup Copy
1) After you click the Office Button Button image
2) The new location for the Options command is in the lower-right corner under Word Options or hit the Alt+ F +I keys
6) Click on Advanced. Scroll down to the Save header and uncheck Always Create Backup Copy then Save.