How can I improve the battery life of my Samsung Galaxy S4?

Amit prakash June 4, 2013
Whatsapp Pinterest

The battery of my Samsung Galaxy S4 drains in few hours. I need to know useful solution to save battery for prolonged usage – how can I get more life out of my phone?

1. DalSan M

Battery saver apps can help, but to be honest, if you do not set it up properly and keep the settings in check each time you install new apps, it will give you performance issues or some apps will stop running in the background and you may not receive notifications (like for Facebook or certain email apps) because it will not allow the apps to sync with the servers. Task killers are the same way. If you can learn how to use them properly, then they will be a great benefit. If you forget about them or do not set the apps up properly, expect some issues to occur. These are the reasons that there are so many debates about these apps.

2. Deepanker Verma

There are few things which you should care. You need to turn of Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS and data connectivity if not in use. You can also install battery saving apps..

You can find few nice battery saving apps for your smartphone here

http://techlomedia.in/2013/04/5-battery-saving-apps-for-android-15584/

you can also read battery saving tips here:
    http://techlomedia.in/2012/05/how-to-keep-smartphone-battery-healthy-5806/

3. Sampath Karunarathne

easy... just few steps u will notice a significant battery life improvement
    My phone battery lasted only 5 6 hours and with these i now use it almost a day without charging.
    1. decrease the screen brightness to 10%
    2. Stop background data sync and enable only if u want, manually entering to settings and disable after using it.
    3. Disable 3G and wifi when u are not using it.
    4.put the phone into air plane mode if the signal is law.
    there is some applications which do some of those automatically
    but my experience is using those softwares makes my phone battery life even shorter..

4. Andy Liu

Just use the power saver mode that comes with it. It should be able to last you thru a day.

[Broken Link Removed]

Juicedefender
    http://www.juicedefender.com/

Try extended battery perhaps from eBay

6. DalSan M

There are several things you need to check to see if they are on or not, and whether the features you actually use or want to use. First off, the screen brightness should be at a reasonable brightness as this can be a major impact on battery performance. The Smart Stay and other "Smart" features should be turned off unless you really use it (half the time the Smart Stay feature on my Note 2 does not keep the screen on for me while I am reading the screen, but drains my battery). These features use your front facing camera and proximity sensor in order to work, which drains the battery. Also, set the screen time out to a reasonable, but relatively short amount of time (no more than 30 seconds, but 15 would be better). Make sure the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS are turned off when not used since they drain the battery quicker as well. S Voice is a nice voice assistant, but also can drain the battery since it uses the microphone and processing power to "listen" for your voice. So not use a live wallpaper, unless it takes the function of several widgets like the clock, battery gauge, etc. like the Device Info EX Live Wallpaper. I would also look into recalibrating the battery so that it can reset the battery gauge. I had to do similar, but with a calibrator app that requires root, recently because my battery would drain very quickly, but recharge extremely slow. Using the calibrator app fixed the issue): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18600161. After making sure the settings are set appropriately, certain features are turned off, and the battery is recalibrated, then I would look into using a task killer such as Advanced Task Killer to automatically kill known processes that could be or should be killed. Make sure to set important processes to be ignored from being killed. Also, if you don't use or don't need an app, uninstall it. This can help improve performance as well.

7. Erez Zukerman

First and foremost, the screen! That's really the most battery-wasting part of the phone. Reduce brightness and use the phone (the screen) as sparingly as possible. That alone should do quite a bit for your battery life.

Next, there's background data sync. You can try something like Greenify or Battery Doctor to disable background data, and that can help.

Finally, there's undervolting and underclocking the device, but that might have a negligible impact only, and is quite advanced. Good luck!