I would like to know how to download android apps onto my blackberry playbook without a computer. The OS is version 184.108.40.2066
Follow these steps
1. Download the APK from browser.
2. Open Air Browser (most file browser should do) and rename the downloaded .apk to .txt (just add it on the end e.g. if it was Dolphin.apk, it'd become Dolphin.apk.txt) [this step is so that the stock file browser will see the file, which is necessary for the next step]
3. Open http://apk2bar.unker.net/ converter in the browser and click "Upload .apk file". Choose the renamed .apk file (it should show up under "Documents" when it has the .txt extension, it won't if it's still .apk)
4. Download the resultant .BAR
5. Install .BAR with LocalBar2, via an app called Proxoid running on Android phone (if you have a BB phone, there's a LocalBar2 proxy app for them).
see if the folowing can help.
Sideload apps on your BlackBerry PlayBook without a PC using Localbar 2
You can't run Android apps on the BlackBerry PlayBook. the PlayBook runs on its own system, which is a version of QNX, and the apps are written in Adobe Air. You'll need to get apps from the