Recently I used the Flobo Hard Disk Repair it stated my HDD was in bad shape or condition. The symptoms includeed lag and additional CPU usage when reading or writing. So I took the precaution of backing up all data to an external HDD and tried to repair it using the above software. Here my internal HDD info:
- ATA Device Properties
- Model ID ST3200820A
- Serial Number 5QE02ZEF
- Revision 3.AAC
- Parameters 387621 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector
- LBA Sectors 390721968
- Buffer 8 MB
- Multiple Sectors 16
- ECC Bytes 4
- Max. PIO Transfer Mode PIO 4
- Max. UDMA Transfer Mode UDMA 5 (ATA-100)
- Active UDMA Transfer Mode UDMA 5 (ATA-100)
- Unformatted Capacity 190782 MB
And its clock counter is 17392 hours.
So please help me with these issues and kindly explain what the clock counter related and how it affected my HDD? Does this mean the HDD has an expiration date assigned by its manufacture or what?
Thank in advance.