Are there any fully transparent windows freeware tools for Windows 7?

Raj June 24, 2010

Are there any “good and reliable” freeware like actual transparent windows for Windows 7. I did some initial research and found few like glass2k, powershell glass, and a transparent browser called double vision.

So are there any freewares which are easy on memory. A Mozilla plugin would also be a good option.

1. Stemplay

there were 2 hosted at tucows that are old, Vitrite is what your looking for. Lil tricky it uses hotkeys but works great on windows 7.

2. Raj

Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally found a reasonably good and lightweight freeware called Vitrite. Easy and simple to use might.

Few others I stumbled upon while searching for this are glass notepad, blend, glasscmd and few ff extensions.

Raj,

thank you very much for letting us know your question was resolved and posting your solution!

3. pceasies

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12181/

Maybe that, but will not fully transparent.

4. Raj

Thanks for the reply, but those addons are only for the toolbars or border, I was looking for something which makes the whole window transparent.

5. Saikat Basu

If you are looking for a Mozilla Plug-in, then Glasser would be an option. You can also see if the add-ons listed under the aero tag are of any use.