How can I fix a broken Firefox extension in Windows?

steven January 9, 2012
Whatsapp Pinterest

I downloaded Malewarebytes a while back after my computer wouldn’t let me access anything without reading it as a virus. After I cleaned it, I had over 200 viruses most (like 92%) HKey_root files.

After that an extension in Firefox (Download YouTube videos+ 8.0) stopped working. When I download from sites it will get around half way and stop the download by itself and never complete. I am thinking the files were damaged and was wondering how to fix them. I don’t have a system reboot disk.

1. Pookeeboo

sounds like firefox may have been damaged back up bookmarks with history and do a quick backup with febe dont do full back up or will backup errors then uninstal ff and all preferences with revo uninstaller then run defrag and ccleaner then reinstal ff once febe is installed just drag and drop febe icon let me suggest ff aurora 

possible malwarebytes blocked ips (sometimes MBAM denies communications)?, changed hostfiles?.... uninstall firefox, reboot clean windows then reinstall firefox and all plug-ins and try it again.

3. Jay.0

1.
    I also faced this side effect of malware bytes, it removes what is useful to you.
    I took my revenge and removed malware bytes from my pc.
    I think it give you the option setting everything as it was, when you uninstall it.

2.
    Are you not able to install that particular addon or can't install any other addon ?
    Try this : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper
    It will do what you are looking for.