I had my tablet in my bookbag with a water bottle in it. The bottle opened and it got my tablet all wet. I got it wet on Friday and it’s Monday.
It’s a Michley Tivax nine-inch Android tablet. What should I do?
You haven't mentioned if you already tried turning it on or not. I've had smartphones get dunked in water, and once properly dried out (removing the battery and using Oron's rice approach is best) would turn on fine. However, once you attempt to turn on the device, it applies power to sensitive circuits and at that point causes the damage (if the device hasn't been dried out properly yet.)
well if the hardware is damaged you cant to much, if the battery is dead then replace it. if it is under warranty then use it
I mostly agree with Jan, except that the battery may well have shorted and been damaged. Since so much time has passed, your chances of salvaging the tablet are low, but here are some things you should do.
First of all, if there is still water in the tablet (in the forms of drops etc), give it a good shakeout to get as much of it out as possible.
Secondly, put it in a bag of rice (or silica gel, if you have enough) and store it in such a way as to drain as much water out of it. Keep it in a warm place (not hot! just warm enough to assist drying) and leave it for a day (if already fairly dry) or three (if still significantly wet).
Once completely dry, plug it into the charger and see if there's any sign of life. If there is, leave it to charge and try it out. If it doesn't, it's a total loss, sorry.
To be honest, there isn't much one can do once the damage happened.
Basically, if some gadget gets wet turn it off immediately and get it to dry as fast as possible.
If after drying up the device doesn't work you are most certainly looking at some hardware damage. In case of a tablet there are basically three options, the display, the logic board, the battery. The battery shouldn't really take damage from water and the other two usually cost 60% or more of the original price to be replaced. In most cases you are better off just buying a new one.