Why does Firefox take so long to load for the first time? All secondary loads are tolerable in time to load.
Have a look to firefox status bar it may tell you something regarding loading
open firefox and type: About:plugins
disable one by one untill to find which pluggin is causing your problem
The first execution of Firefox allocates a memory block. I'm going to guess you have too little ram and it's being forced to wait until other applications deallocate the memory.
- Restart your computer (dellocates memory)
- Change your start page to something less sophisticated (About:blank is good)
- Close other applications before you start Firefox
- http://bit.ly/qtvCh9 (Check superputte's post)
- Disable unused addons and plugins
- Update Firefox (Help -> About)
- Clear your cache (Tools -> Clear Recent History)
- Run CCleaner and cleanup (CCleaner: http://bit.ly/oNHeUG)
- Defrag your file system (Defraggler: http://bit.ly/atm2kx)
If you post your troubleshooting information (Help->Troubleshooting information and press "Copy to clipboard", then paste it here) I can better assist you.