Where can I find a warranty for my PC?

Mary Romajas January 5, 2012

Where can I find a warranty for my new Dell computer? It is a replacement for one that Dell could not fix. They claim that they can not put a warranty on the PC so I need to find someone who can.

Well if Dell send the pc then they must furnished official doc and explained warranty issues?

Dell transfer warranty

How to populate Spiceworks with system warranty dates from Dell

How to Get a Dell Warranty on My New Dell Laptop

In general it depends on the law in your region but in most cases both, liability and [specified] warranty simply continue for the replacement product.

Looking at the size and reputation of Dell I assume [even without the above] they would do a goodwill exchange/repair in case you face yet another issue within the next year.

Other then that I tend to say you won't get any warranty for your system. Third party warranties are usually only offered in combination with a purchase of a device.

Hello, You could try squaretrade.  Stores like tigerdirect, amazon, and other big stores offer this option.  You can just visit their website and purchase a warranty through their website.  Make sure to read the fine print and get as much information as you can:

4. Jay.0

Do you want to check if warranty is still available on your pc ?

Check it if you know your service tag:

where you can find it : http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/identifyyoursystem?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~mode=popup

open the link below in internet explorer for checking it directly :

If Dell refuses the warranty, then I am not sure you can get it.