The sound of my Windows 8 laptop will not work even though it shows the volume meter thing increasing and decreasing! What shall I do? Lots of points up for grabs!
Are you using external or internal speakers?
1. Go to the Start screen by pressing the Windows key.
2. At the Start screen start type: troubleshooter
3.click on troubleshooting hardware and sound
3. Select "Settings" from below the search field.
4. Select "Find and Fix problems" from the available options.
5. The Troubleshooting section in the Control Panel will open. Locate and select "Troubleshoot audio playback" under "Hardware and Sound".
No sound in Windows
Thanks. I'll try that out and get back to you!!!