Does the Sony PlayStation Network charge players for breaking the rules?

Christine St Syr Griffin March 26, 2013

My 13 year old has recently discovered file sharing on PlayStation  I said no more, than he told me he got deranked for master prestige glitching, that was a few days ago, after looking at my bank statement i noticed a $9.00 random charge from PlayStation that coincided with the date of his deranking. Does PlayStation charge for misbehavior? And can I dispute the charges?

1. Christine St Syr Griffin

fairly certain, we went through the system together and the last purchase was a month prior, before I asked MUO I went and browsed a couple gaming forums and someone was charged for being suspended not just de-ranked. I can dispute through my bank and go from there and have them issue me a new card. what a headache, thanks Justin I appreciate your time, christine

have you bought any other thing from them with amount $9.00, perhaps they did a mistake and recharged $9.00 again?

2. Dave Parrack

That's highly unlikely. As Justin said this points more towards something being purchases through the PlayStation Store for $9.

• Christine St Syr Griffin

thank you Mr. parrack, and my sons father seems to be on the same page as you and Justin, I looked through his cart and previous purchases and nada, last purchase was 20$ a month prior. although...he does have several accounts maybe each cart is seperate. thanks again for your time and patience. christine

3. justinpot

I've never heard of them charging for bad behavior like that...are you sure your son didn't buy a game or something?